Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update December 29, 2011
Sets of threat signatures and databases of network attacks
It is essential to update antivirus databases on a regular basis. If you do not do this, your antivirus program will not detect new malicious programs. This is why we release updates every hour, to ensure that users are protected against the latest malware.
Antivirus solutions from Kaspersky Lab not only detect malicious software, but other programs which are potentially harmful, such as:
– Remote administration programs
– Utilities which can be used by malicious programs or users
The update packs available here for download will update yourKaspersky Anti-Virus 5.x / 6.x / 7.x and Kaspersky Internet Security versons 6.x and 7.x with the latest virus signatures to keep it in top notch shape.
Zip-archives should be unpacked into a separate directory, which should then be indicated in the automatic update module as a local folder.
Daily – contains all updates and modifications released during the current week. The current week starts from the previous Friday, when the last weekly update was released. It is placed on the update server every hour. You should download daily.zip if you update your antivirus databases at least once a week.
Previous week’s updates – contains all updates and modifications released during the previous week (a full version of the week’s daily.zip). It is placed on the server once a week, on Friday. When this file is placed on the server, it will cause the size of daily.zip to be equal to zero. You should download this file if you update your antivirus databases less than once a week, but more often than once every two weeks.
Complete update – contains all the updates and modifications released at the time of the previous week’s update. This is placed on the sever at the same time as the new weekly.zip. You should download this file if you have not updated your antivirus databases in the last two weeks.
NOTE: After the archives have been downloaded, unpack them to a separate folder on a disc. If you have downloaded several archives, unpack them in the following order: first unpack av-i386-cumul.zip, then – av-i386-weekly.zip and the last – av-i386-daily.zip. Unpacking, click Yes when you are suggested to replace files with the same name.
After the archives have been unpacked, launch automatic update of the anti-virus database. As an update source define folder with the unpacked archives in the anti-virus database update task.
Databases of network attacks are updated as soon as new attacks are detected.
Download The Files Below :
- av-i386_ids-daily.zip – Download
- av-i386&ids-weekly.zip – Download
- av-i386&ids-cumul.zip – Download
The archive is updated on the servers once a week on Sunday. Archives are laid out on the servers every Sunday at 5:00 a.m. by Moscow time (GMT +3). At this moment the contents and the size of the archive *daily.zip are the same as those of *weekly.zip (inside each set).
How to install?
When unpacking archives, follow the rules:
- the *cumul.zip archive should be unpacked to a separate folder (do not unpack the archives *weekly.zip and *daily.zip into this folder);
- the archives *weekly.zip and *daily.zip can be unpacked into a common folder. When unpacking, click Yes when you are suggested to replace files with the same name.
- do not unpack archives with different sets of databases (for example, anti-virus databases and anti-virus + network attacks) into a common folder!
Having unpacked the archives run automatic database update. As the first update source define the folder with the unpacked archive *cumul.zip(if it exists), as the second – the folder with the unpacked archives *weekly.zip and *daily.zip in the update task.
How to configure the product to update from a local folder?
Once you have downloaded and unpacked the archives, configure the product to update from these folders:
- Open the main application window
- Click the Settings button
- In the left part of the Settings window select Update
- In the right part of the Settings window in the Update settings section click Configure
- Go to the Update source tab
- Click Add
- Specify the update folder
- Click OK
- Clear the boxes Kaspersky Lab’s update servers on the Update source tab
- Click OK
- Run the update process
- Perform the same actions for another folder (if necessary)
The Updates folder in the root directory C:\ is the folder into which the archives have been previously unzipped.
The dialog windows of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 are the same but with the corresponding product names and the number of Protection components.
Anti-Virus Update | KAV virus database | Kaspersky update | Kaspersky | Antivirus | Definition